Filed under: Analytics, iPhone, Mobile, Web Analytics | Tags: iPhone, Mobile Analytics, Omniture
Omniture is extending its SiteCatalyst measurement tool to native iPhone applications, enabling developers and marketers to gain insight on how users are interacting with their iPhone apps, based on real-time information. This should allow them not only to improve the user experience based on analytics, but also make adjustement necessary to generate more revenue by enhancing ad clicks, purchasing and increasing page views.
The new offer, which is basically an extension of its existing SiteCatalyst solution, is called App Measurement for iPhone and will be generally available as from January 2009. To our knowledge this is the first analytics program specifically designed for native iPhone applications, but it’s safe to say other providers will soon follow suit with similar offerings.
Yahoo reported last week that it would limit to 90 days the time it holds some personally identifiable information related to searches to address growing concerns from privacy advocates, policy makers and government regulators.
Filed under: Behavioural Targeting | Tags: Behavioural Targeting, Geotargeting, location based advertising
In the user-centric and thus behaviorally driven world of contemporary marketing, the implicit assumption of most marketers is that more is always better, particularly when more means more data points about who’s browsing a Web site, what they’re doing there, and have done previously online.
Sometimes, however, it can be more relevant to focus not on what consumers are doing — but on where they’re doing it from, as Kerry Langstaff, vice president of marketing at Quova, explains below.
TubeMogul is the first online video analytics and distribution company serving publishers large and small who need independent information about video performance on the Internet and automated upload to the Web’s top video sharing sites.
TubeMogul’s analytic technology aggregates video-viewing data from multiple sources to give publishers improved understanding of when, where and how often videos are watched, track and compare what’s hot and what’s not, measure the impact of marketing campaigns, gather competitive intelligence, and share the data with colleagues or friends.
For sites that host their own video, TubeMogul offers tracking far beyond the traditional metric of video “views.” TubeMogul InPlay, which can be set up in any Flash video player within minutes, tracks rich viewership metrics such as audience engagement, attention span and site performance — all in real-time.
YouTube has just released a new feature for its analytics platform that allows content owners to see how many unique visitors are watching their videos. While YouTube videos have long displayed their view counts to the public, until this point it hasn’t been possible to tell if the hits were coming from a wide audience or just a few devout fans who repeatedly watched the same clips.
To access the feature, visit the YouTube Insights page for the video in question and click ‘Show Unique Users’ under the ‘Views’ tab. A yellow line depicting unique views will appear alongside the standard green line showing absolute views, allowing you to easily gauge how many repeat hits you have. While most users will probably see fairly mundane trends, the most popular viral videos have statistics that are much more dramatic (I’d love to see the stats for this classic.)
Filed under: Web Analytics | Tags: Josh James, Omniture, On-Demand, SIIA
To put things into perspective in the web analytics space….
Through its 15,000 servers, Omniture processes almost 1 trillion transactions per quarter.
Listen to Josh James, Omniture CEO speaking at the SIIA On-Demand conference: http://www.siia.net/ondemand/2008/video/1.asp
Filed under: Segmentation | Tags: David Whittle, Inside Retailing, Jon Bird, M&C Saatchi, Mark, Retail Marketing, Tesco, Will Scully-Power
To avoid being overwhelmed by a deluge of data, Will Scully-Power, data director at Mark, says it pays to apply the ‘one in ten’ rule.
“Take 10% of the data once a week, process it and apply the findings back to the other 90% of the file. If there is a trend to observe, then analysing a small set of data enables you to identify a result with 90% certainty.”
Filed under: Optimisation, Web Analytics | Tags: Data-Driven Marketer, Web Analytics
This is by far one of the best posts I’ve read all year.
Today’s data-driven marketer will transform from being the person who tells a merchant that customers had a 4.7% conversion rate on her landing page to being the person who makes a business case for a $500,000 data integration project. They will have to become good at calculating profit. You will have to become good at convincing management why your vision is important — how will the executive benefit from your vision?