Filed under: #mktgcloud, Datarati, Marketing Automation, Marketing Cloud | Tags: Marketing Automation, Marketo
Marketo has closed $10 million in Series D funding to further accelerate the company’s already impressive growth and customer success.
The investment was led by Mayfield Fund, with participation from existing investors InterWest Partners and Storm Ventures.
With the $10 million investment, Marketo has now raised a total of $32 million.
This is a HOT company to watch. This acquisition makes complete sense.
Not many people in the digital space see what they guys are actually doing. Very smart.
Just imagine if they combine this with a marketing automation database. There next acquisition perhaps?
Check out the demo here: http://www.mediamath.com/mathclarity.html
Filed under: #mktgcloud, Datarati, Search | Tags: Certification, Google Adwords, Search
Google is retiring their long-standing Google Advertising Professionals (GAP) program and replacing it with a new Google AdWords Certification program for those managing AdWords accounts on behalf of advertisers. The new program provides agencies and their employees with more up-to-date, comprehensive, strategy-focused training and certification on the latest tools and best practices for managing AdWords accounts, including:
- New training materials to help agencies better understand recent changes in search marketing and AdWords functionality, available via webinar series, learning center, or on-site training at Google
- More challenging certification exams to test practical application of knowledge and best practices (rather than simple recall of knowledge)
- Advanced-level exams to highlight competency in search, display, reporting and analysis
- A redesigned Certified Partner badge, which includes a “Click to Verify” element so advertisers can view the partner’s profile page for additional information.
Filed under: #mktgcloud, A/B Testing, Actionable Insights, Datarati, Marketing Cloud, Web Analytics | Tags: Data-driven email marketing
A great post from Stephanie Miller, the Vice President of strategic services for Return Path…
Moral of this story… For your next conference, fire your keynote speaker and have your data guy present.
Our opening keynote speaker this morning leaned over to me at breakfast and said, “Who puts the database guy as the opener?!” The good news is that we got to listen to Ted Wham, VP, Database Marketing of Orbitz. He’s talented, experienced, fabulously geeky and passionate about using data intelligently to improve the customer experience.
Ted generously walked us through how the Orbitz business works and some of the unique challenges of being an online travel agency, like the fact that they don’t own the inventory and do not control pricing (or know it in advance). Despite the huge database built over an eight-year history, the only customers they email are those that meet the dual requirements of opt-in subscription (permission) and deliverable (non-bounce).
Filed under: #mktgcloud, Behavioural Targeting, Datarati, Datarati.TV | Tags: Behavioural Targeting, Datarati.TV
One of the greatest challenges facing advertisers, publishers, agencies and audience measurement specialists is how to accurately identify and track individual people over time to better estimate audience size, better target, better re-market and better optimise the overall experience of our customers and prospects online.
While it may not be immediately obvious, the ability to track individuals can be quite difficult for a variety of reasons including:
- People use different computers at different times of the day (work, home)
- People have different computers in the home (office, family, personal)
- People use different devices to connect to the Internet (computer, phone)
- Multiple people might share devices (family computer, public terminals)
- People actively work to block and prevent audience tracking technologies
So what is the current state of play in Australia with regards to the following?
- Cookie deletion
- Measurement / Metrics
- Who owns the Data?
Join us for a FREE LIVE industry webcast at 2.30PM on Friday 7th May 2010.
You’ll hear from Australia’s industry’s leading experts including:
- Paul Fisher, CEO – Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
– Scott Julian, CEO – Effective Measure
– Wendy Hogan, CEO – CBS Interactive
– Ali Ryan, CEO – Valued Interactive Media
– Kerry Field, Partner of Innovation – Mindshare
Moderated By: Will Scully-Power, Managing Director – Datarati
Register Here: http://cli.gs/W3X596
Google Ad Innovations is a brand new website where you can find out about newly released ad technologies and cool features that are currently in beta testing.
Here you can watch videos about these new features and then try them out in your account.
Filed under: #mktgcloud, Data, Datarati, Forms, Landing Pages | Tags: Metrics, Web Forms
Form Error Rate (FER)
When we want to measure the quality of a landing page, we check the Bounce Rate. However, in the case of measuring the quality of a form, we introduce a new metric called Form Error Rate.
SubmitError: number of unsuccessful attempts to send the form
SubmitAll: number of unsuccessful attempts to send the form + number of successfully submitted forms
Filed under: #mktgcloud, Datarati, Statistics | Tags: Instant Messenger, Statistics