In this presentation, Professor Peter Fader illustrates a remarkably simple but powerful model to predict future repeat purchasing patterns in a standard spreadsheet environment. The particular focus here is on non-profits trying to project donations, but it’s broadly applicable to many other B2B and B2C companies as well. Beyond the performance of the model, this talk also offers useful insights about data management and managerial diagnostics for model assessment.
Professor Fader also discusses the gap between academic research and industry use of marketing data. As the Co-Founder of the Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative, he shares how this initiative uses an innovative crowdsourcing process to develop new statistical methods and apply them across a wide range of industries.
Filed under: Analytics, Datarati, Datarati.TV, Video, Web Analytics | Tags: Google Analytics, Video
Filed under: Datarati
ON MONDAY: 6 February 2012, I will be joining fellow CEOs and Business Leaders for the CEO CookOff, hosted by Qantas and OzHarvest.
At the CookOff I’ll be teaming up with 30 celebrity chefs from Australia’s top kitchens, directed by Rockpool and Qantas ambassador Neil Perry, to feed 1000 people in need.
In the lead-up we’ll be focused on raising significant funds for OzHarvest and Mission Australia.
You can help me support this worthy cause by donating through my profile page:http://www.ceocookoff.com.au/profile/1271
Thanks for your support, Will Scully-Power, CEO – Datarati
As a member of Marketo Customer Success Team, your goal is to provide fast and friendly world-class support through creative, flexible solutions and empower Revenue Performance Management success. The Marketing Campaign Analyst is expected to take on support cases of moderate complexity and be able to manage your own priorities. We partner with our employees to provide an exciting work environment that everyone has an opportunity to shape. We value team players who are self-directed and want to influence the next wave in SaaS technology and Service innovation.
This role will be based in Sydney, Australia at Datarati, our exclusive Asia-Pacific partner (http://www.datarati.com.au)
- Be a subject matter expert in Marketo technology and apply it to Marketo customers’ business processes
- Provide business and technical solutions to help customers optimise use of solution
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers in written and verbal form, and maintain accurate and timely records in our case tracking system
- Maintain ownership of cases until resolution, drive other teams as needed and set customer expectations
- Perform problem characterisation, reproduction, diagnosis, and root cause analysis
- Work with Services and Engineering personnel to resolve product issues or escalating as necessary
- Configure customer systems to meet requirements
- Author Knowledge Base Articles / Technical Notes
- File enhancement requests and work with product management to translate business needs to product requirements
- Meet individual case management, SLA, and C-Sat goals
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of progressive experience diagnosing and resolving problems in complex software environment.
- Experience providing direct support to external customers by phone, electronically, and face-to-face.
- Demonstrated experience supporting enterprise software solutions, ideally Marketing Automation, CRM, PRM, or SFA applications
- Excellent organizational skills -ability to prioritise, manage, multi-task and execute projects cross-functionally
- Superior communications skills (presentation, written, and verbal) and ability to interact effectively with all levels of professional staff. Ability to explain complex concepts simply.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Familiarity with SaaS solutions a plus
- Fluency in a second Asian Language would be a distinct advantage
Marketo is the revenue cycle management company, transforming how marketing and sales teams of all sizes work — and work together — to accelerate predictable revenue. Marketo’s solutions are both powerful and easy to use, providing explosive revenue growth throughout the revenue cycle from the earliest stages of demand generation and lead management to deal close and continued customer loyalty.
Interested? Please contact Will Scully-Power, Managing Director at Datarati at firstname.lastname@example.org
Love is in the Air!
WeMetOnAPlane.com launches to help airline passengers re-unite their love online
WASHINGTON, DC – Monday 9 January, 2012 – Have you ever met that special someone on a plane but for whatever reason you didn’t end up exchanging your contact details with each other and later regretted it? Without their name, how are you going to find them on Facebook?
So if you’re looking for them, and they’re looking for you www.WeMetOnAPlane.com is your opportunity to search, find and connect with that special someone!
How it works: Go to www.WeMetOnAPlane.com and search for them using your flight number, year, month, date, origin or destination. Our advanced search algorithm, will display search results of all stories from that specific flight that have been shared by other passengers. Recognise a story? Simply post a reply to their story and they will be emailed immediately.
Don’t recognise any of the stories? Simply click “Share Your Story” and tell us your story about how you met that special someone. Was it love at first sight? Then share your story via social media including Facebook & Twitter and help us help you find them! The more people who know, the more chance you have of finding and connecting with that special someone.
31 year-old Australian Internet Entrepreneur Will Scully-Power is the brainchild behind www.WeMetOnAPlane.com He launched the site after meeting his girlfriend on a plane in 2011. You can read her full story here: http://wemetonaplane.com/2011-7-11-from-kuala-lumpur-kul-to-sydney-syd/
“4,400 people search for ‘met on a plane’ in Google globally every month. This was enough data to for me to realise that I am not alone and there was no way until now for anyone to connect with someone they met on a plane without knowing their name,” said Will Scully-Power, founder of www.WeMetOnAPlane.com
Will Scully-Power is available for media interviews worldwide.
Filed under: #mktgcloud, Marketing Automation, Revenue Performance Management (RPM)
As we start the New Year in the Australian Direct Marketing Industry, here are 4 key steps to generate revenue for your organisation.
1.) Evaluate – Having access to a marketing automation database will allow you to automate trigger-based acquisition and retention campaigns. It is no longer cost-effective to launch campaigns manually every time.
2.) Integrate – To measure your true return on marketing investment (ROMI) you will need to integrate your marketing automation database (which houses your email, web, search and social data) with your CRM database (which houses your sales/transactional, customer service and support data).
3.) Automate – Think about your top 5 manually produced campaigns and automate them. By using a marketing automation database, you can monitor a customer or prospects email, web, search or social behaviour and use that data to trigger off targeted, anticipated, relevant and personalised one-to-one communications in an effort to drive them further down the marketing funnel.
4.) Mandate – Senior level executive sponsorship, buy-in and support. For marketers to earn a seat at the revenue table, they need to firstly align their marketing and sales teams, define metrics that matter to executives and prove marketing’s contribution to the organisations revenue generation.
Marketing Automation is a journey. Start with the end goal first which is generally: “Sales needs to hit X target this month, this quarter, this year”, then work your marketing funnel numbers backwards. Here is an example calculator to help you get started:http://www.datarati.com.au/index.php/resources/roi-calculator/
Good luck and enjoy the ride!
Will Scully-Power is the Managing Director of Datarati, which deals with Marketing Automation, Revenue Performance Management (RPM), Analytics and Optimisation.
Hear more from Will at the upcoming ADMA B2B Marketing Seminar – Melbourne 28 February and Sydney 1 March.