Filed under: #mktgcloud, Ad Exchange, Ad Network, Datarati | Tags: Ad Exchanges, Ad Networks, IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau announced guidelines on Thursday designed to standardize the information that ad networks and exchanges provide to advertisers and agencies.
Here’s a rundown of the IAB’s new guidelines:
- Transparency should exist for inventory sources, publisher relationships, content types, and ad placement details.
- Advertisers should be presented with content categories that are universally defined in the industry.
- Categories of illegal content should be defined or labeled. An example: content that infringes a copyright and thereby should be marked as prohibited for sale.
- Under the industry organization’s provisions, ad networks should rate content for audience segments.
- Data disclosure terms should be outlined for off-site behavioral targeting and third-party data.
- Companies should provide for IAB training of appointed compliance officers in each certified network or exchange.