Filed under: Social Media, Web Analytics | Tags: Facebook, Omniture, SiteCatalyst, Social Media Measurement
While marketers understand it’s important to build a presence on Facebook by creating custom applications and pages to interact with customers, sometimes they (rightly) hesitate to make a substantial investment if they can’t track the success of those initiatives.
Omniture, a company whose SiteCatalyst product allows marketers to monitor the performance of their brands on websites by tracking traffic metrics such as page views, referrals, and time spent on a page, should be able to help solve that issue. Today, Omniture launched App Measurement for Facebook. The new product allows marketers to see just how users interact with their Facebook applications.
Omniture’s App Measurement tool tracks metrics like:
- Marketers will be able to understand which user demographic segments are adopting the application most vigorously.
- Marketers can segment users by number of friends they have, or by the social activity performed.
- Which users invited their friends to use an app.
- What sections of the app Facebook users spend the most of their time.
- How Facebook engagement leads to conversions.
Ideally, this product should allow marketers with no technical background to have an immediate analytics tool that shows a robust set of metrics of how their brands are doing on Facebook. There have been many analytics tools created by start-ups to monitor such activity, and developers have often built their own, but Omniture is one of the most mainstream players to get involved with Facebook analytics
Omniture executives say the new addition to its SiteCatalyst product will demystify the questions many marketers might have about their Facebook efforts.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment