Filed under: #mktgcloud, Datarati, Marketing Automation, Marketing Cloud | Tags: Datarati, Marketo
Marketo, the fastest growing provider of Revenue Performance Management solutions that significantly increase corporations’ marketing and sales success, today announced that it doubled its customer count in 2010, signing 80 new customers in December alone and ending the year with more than 850 customers.
Marketo’s fourth quarter surge also saw deeper penetration into the enterprise sector with nine new customers at corporations with revenue over $1 billion, the company’s first million dollar deal, and significant add-on business from existing enterprise clients including a fourth deal at a Fortune 15 company.
With revenue growth of 315 percent year over year, Marketo cemented its position as the fastest growing revenue performancemanagement company as well as one of the fastest growing software-as-a-service companies ever.
These dramatic results cap a year of leadership and success for Marketo, including:
- Raising $35 million in additional funding, including a Series E round led by Institutional Venture Partners (IVP) — which has also funded many of the best known digital brands such as Netflix, Twitter and Zynga.
- Adding more than 100 employees, including growing customer-facing support and service employees by 150% and expanding engineering capacity by more than 50%.
- Hosting more than 600 customers and partners for education, networking, and best practices at the sold-out Marketo User Summit.
- Expanding customer services with the launch of Marketo Community, an online knowledge base and training center where customers can share questions and new product ideas, as well as the availability of 24/7 customer support.
- Continuing to set the pace for product innovation with the delivery of Marketo’s new Enterprise Architecture for Marketing Automation that provides the security, scalability, and advanced integration capabilities required by today’s multi-billion dollar global companies; Chatter for Marketo Sales Insight on Salesforce.com’s ChatterExchange that increases sales effectiveness with real-time feeds and drives greater revenue through the revenue cycle; and Marketo Revenue Cycle Analytics, a first of its kind solution that enables users to accurately measure and forecast the effect and ROI of sales and marketing activities across the revenue cycle.
- Wining the CODiE award for “Best Marketing Solution” and the “Best Sales and Marketing 2.0 Solution” from SellingPower
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment